18 October 2009

New Year, New Kitchen

Another new academic year means a slew of new classes, new professors, and new living arrangements-- including a new kitchen.  Oh, and a whole lot more stress baking.

Thanks to my roommates and friends (who are complete enablers when it comes to my kitchen experiments), I am now hooked on cooking blogs and troll the internet for new favorites when I should really be doing my physics or chemistry problem sets.

I doubt many people will read this blog, but after stumbling on IronCupcake: Earth, having a food blog seems a necessary evil if I want to compete in the challenges. And here we are.

The challenge for this month: choose a song and develop a cupcake around it. As a singer-songwriter, I can't think of a better way to kick off my IronCupcake career. I have six days to come up with a submission... wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! I've been trying to put my culinary creations on my blog, but I'm no good at updating...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!

    That picture, btw, is mouthwatering. I can almost taste it. Mmmm, baked goods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! That was one of my creations from last semester, Olya. Made me inordinately happy.

    ReplyDelete