14 March 2010

Save a napkin. Lick your fingers.

One thing that I've learned is that, in the college dorm/apartment setting, stress baking instantly turns acquaintances into friends (and earns brownie points with those you already have!)


I have a lot of friends. And I'm pretty sure they just keep me around for the food.


I'm more than okay with that.


The other, more important thing that I learned is that baking >>> physics. Then someone pointed out to me that baking involves physics...


So I just totally studied for that quiz, then, right? 




(And they're made with whole wheat flour, so college students like myself can tell themselves they're eating healthfully... we'll just pretend the butter isn't there.)

Physics <<< Homemade Oreo Wafers


3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
14 Tablespoons unsalted butter

Combine dry ingredients. Add softened butter, and mix well. You can be like Joy and cut them out all pretty like, or impatient like me and just squash them into circle-like forms. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment